Web Content Management Systems
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The popularity of web content management systems has increased as the number of powerful and complicated websites keeps expanding. To ensure that every visit to a website is interesting, educational, and useful, many cutting-edge online publishers today employ content management systems (CMS) to enable them to instantaneously and dynamically change web pages and properties as new information becomes available.
A CMS powers nearly every website for a media outlet, large corporation, educational institution, or government agency. This course gives students pursuing careers in online communications and web development a vital skill to add to their resumes by preparing them to design, alter, manage, and promote CMS websites.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
1. Evaluate and Analyze various CMS Platforms like WordPress, Blogspot, and Joomla
2. Assess tools for multimedia content development for web publication.
3. Compare different types of platforms and know which works best for their need
4. Analyze the industry practices, and accomplish the same result for less.
5. Discover content development basics and apply them using 21st-century skills.
6. Apply knowledge in creating consistent web content using the appropriate platform.
UNDERSTANDING WEB CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
BUILDING AND ADMINISTRATING CMS
Module 05: Purchasing a Domain Name / Installing CMS
Module 06: WordPress.com vs WordPress.Org
Module 07: Web Hosting and Managing Multimedia Content
Module 08: Creating and Maintaining a WordPress Site
WORKING WITH WORDPRESS
Module 09: Creating Google Analytics and Search Console Accounts
Module 10: WordPress Dashboard
Module 11: WordPress Themes
Module 12: WordPress Plugin
POPULATING THE SITE
Module 21: Site Security
Module 22: Reporting Traffic
Module 23: Reporting Web Ranking
Module 24: Reporting Search Ranking