Photography and Film
COURSE DESCRIPTION: The course Photography and Videography (simply known as Photography and Film) is an overview of content creation attributed to the use of a digital/film camera. It is also about taking into highlight the various creative successes that paved way for the today’s industry. Upon completion of the course, students can enjoy photography and filmmaking as a relaxing or exciting hobby. This course can pave the way for the desire for higher learning in preparation to pursue professional endeavors, such as photographing events, portraits, or even professional filmmaking. Other freelance opportunities include working for digital companies that maximized online platforms. Outputs will be analyzed through a number of media outputs, group presentations, blog entries, and class discussions.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
At the end of the course, the student must be able to:
- Discover the differences between a photography camera from a video camera, and come up with a recommendation for which one is more suitable for your need.
- Evaluate and Analyze real-life photography/filmmaking experiences from amateur photographers “just like you” who have something interesting to share.
- Assess several examples throughout the course to show you the range of photography options available to you.
- Analyze the principles and processes of shooting for photography or film.
- Compare different types of techniques to help you learn how different settings produce different results.
- Analyze the industry practices, and accomplish the same thing for less.
- Apply the step-by-step instructions on how to make great photos/videos that are worthy of submission to any local photography/film contest.
- Apply knowledge in deciding what camera lenses, exposure, and lighting to use effectively.
- Create compelling and thought-provoking content with aesthetic value.
INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOGRAPHY
- Module 01: Introduction
- Module 02: History of Camera
- Module 03: Evolution of Photography
- Module 04: Camera Typology & Operations
- Module 05: Five Elements of Photography
- Module 06: Five Elements of Composition
- Module 07: Eight Basic Effects in Photography
- Module 08: Seven Principles of Photography
- Module 09: Portrait Photography / Fashion Photography
- Module 10: Photojournalism / Documentary Photography / Sports Photography
- Module 11: Landscape Photography / Architectural Photography / Street Photography
- Module 12: Advertising Photography / Product Photography