Educational Technologies and Innovations
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This course reflects on the various forms of electronic and digital technology that can be used in the teaching/learning process. It helps to become skilled in some of the many digital tools used in today’s schools. Educational Technologies and Innovations establish a foundation for using the computer and technology in various educational settings across all subject areas. The course is hands-on in nature, with a focus on current trends. Additionally, learners can expect to discuss theory, practice, and social/philosophical issues related to using computers in education.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES:
After completing the course, you ought to be able to:
- Provide the groundwork for utilizing technology and computers in the classroom successfully.
- To help with the first aim, increase your understanding of computers and technology.
- In the classroom, talk about the benefits and drawbacks of using computers and computer-based technology.
- Recognize the strategies instructors use to create computer-based learning activities and lessons that are enhanced by technology.
- Exhibit knowledge of the functions that educational standards in teaching and learning.
- Use technology to foster higher-order thinking abilities, creativity, and literacy for the twenty-first century.
- Use the fundamental concepts of multimedia design in your lessons.
- Develop acquaintance with hot themes in technology and offer an evaluation of those subjects as they apply to teaching and learning, including their strengths and drawbacks.
- Discuss the social, equitable, moral, accessible, and legal concerns that surround the use of technology in education.
- Examine the connection between technology and a fair distribution of access to high-quality education.
- Reconsider your understanding of and attitudes toward the use of technology in the classroom.
- Use technology and computers to help your professional development.
Why Should We Use Technology In The Classroom
- Module 01: Orientation
- Module 02: Advantages of using technology in teaching
Teaching and Learning In The Digital Era
- Module 03: Innovation in Education: A Shift from Traditional to Digital Learning
- Module 04: e-Learning with Social Media
The Tools: Programs As We Apply In The Classroom
Networking For Communication And Collaboration
Multimedia For Learning
- Module 09: Multimedia in the Classroom
- Module 10: Value of Multimedia in Learning